BTC group is an entirely family owned group of companies, whose seed was founded in 1935 as a watch and jewelry boutique under the name “Lauria shop”, named after Mr. Lauria Wassef the senior member of the family at Fayoum city.
This seed flourished and grew into BTC group of Companies, one of Egypt’s pioneer and leading companies in electronics (distributors and manufacturers of Panasonic in Egypt) and watches.
LoriaWassef / The first shop in 1935
By 1976, BTC Trading had become Egypt’s sole distributor for several multinational watch companies, including Swiss brands (from the renowned Swatch group, Richmond and others). The company is now the market leader of the watch industry in Egypt, offering more than thirty watch and jewelry brands ranging from high-quality, affordable brands through to the most expensive and luxurious.
With over 35 retail outlets and three service centers, BTC Trading is Egypt’s largest watch distributor, whose primary concern is gaining and maintaining client trust. To this end, the company’s cooperative team works together to ensure their loyal clients receive the highest quality customer service and satisfaction.
BTC spares no effort or expense on continual modernization and expansion in order to maintain the rapid and steady growth of the company, keep pace with the perpetual marathon of technological development, and reach as many clients as possible throughout Egypt.
A fundamental factor in the success of the company, now celebrating its 75 th anniversary, and its dedicated staff and its loyal clients who are considered not merely customers, but “partners in success”.
Mr. Ibrahim Nassif Wassef
Mr. Yacoub Nassif Wassef
distributors and manufacturers of Panasonic in Egypt
BTC Owned Retail Network
For selective group of customers who seek premium brands in a luxurious setting
( medium high and high end brands )
Piaget, JLC, Ulysse Nardin, Corum, Gucci ,Raymond Weil, and others.
For a larger segment of customers who seek Swiss quality medium priced brands
( medium and medium high brands )
Rado, Tissot, Hamilton, Gucci, Swatch, Balmain, Frederique constant, Calvin Klein, Rw and others
For a younger group of customers who seeks fashionable watches in a trendy setting.
Emporio Armani, Fossil, Diesel, Boss , DKNY, TH , Cerutti ,Lacoste, Michael Kors and others.
The first specialized private – sector duty free company for watches and accessories in the Egyptian Airports.
We have 5 outlets in the Egyptian Airports: Cairo Airport T1, Cairo Airport T2, Cairo Airport T3, Hurghada Airport and Sharm Airport.
We will expand our operations in the future to include other airports.
Lusso is the first branded Jewelery store it includes the fashion branded jewelery and accessories. Emporio Armani, Calvin Klein, Gucci, Michael Kors and DKNY and others.
BTC Watch Business
- The sole distributor for Piaget watches and jewelry, Jaeger-LeCoultre , Ulysse Nardin, Corum , Graham , Gucci watches and jewelry , Raymond Weil , Bulgari ( only DFS ).
- The major distributor for Swatch Group in Egypt snce 1974 Rado, Swatch, Balmain, Tissot, Hamilton and CK.
- BTC also owns Link Watches that has exclusively the following brands : Emporio Armani , Boss, Fossil, DKNY, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, Adidas, Cerutti Michael Kors, Lacoste, Festina.
- BTC Group hires over 650 employees , It deals with more than 150,000 retail customers as the company owns a chain of more than 15 stores for electronics and more than 35 stores for watches as it is one of the biggest private sector companies in the retail business.
- BTC has a department for customers satisfaction this department is responsible of sending direct mail to all customers quarterly informing them of new products and special offers.
- According to our management policy each division is completely independent & separate having its own resources & sales department. Through this way we can give more control and better concentration to each brand.
- BTC owns over 53% market share (Value) of branded watches flowing into Egypt (2011).
- BTC owns more than 35 POS all over Egypt.
- BTC owns 3 service centers in 3 different governorates.
- Each brand is considered to be independent with respect to its sales & marketing force.
BTC Watches Team